Open Source Gardens Village at CCCamp
As annunced Open Source Gardens is represented with a village at this year's Chaos Communication Camp. We bring a raised bed full of open source seeds and plants to be present in the Bits&Trees Habitat.
For the first time we run a dedicated “sprouting knowledge” session also known as “lightning talks”. We have just started our call for participation and we are looking for inspiring ideas and talks about everything related to open source and gardening: From software to hardware, from constructing your diy raised bed to maintaining a farmbot, from running a community garden to running open olitor, from plant-identification to garden management ... share your best practices with us!
To take part please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description of your talk. We will let you know your acceptance by the end of the week.
The sprouting knowledge session will happen on Thursday, 17. August, at 18:00 hours in the workshop tent in the Bits&Bäume Habitat.
Schedule of events
Please find all up to date information on our dedicated village page, here is an overview of our events and activities as is on 8. August:
- “Gemeinsam Gemüse Gärtnern”, a talk by Bettina on Tuesday, 15. August at 15:00
- “Eine bessere Welt ist pflanzbar”, a workshop with Coco and Dreirik on Wednesday, 16. August at 14:00
- “Open Source Gardeners* Unite”, a gathering for everyone interested on Thursday, 17. August at 14:00
- “Sprouting Knowledge”, a lightning talk session on Thursday, 17. August at 18:00 (link to follow)
- “Growing the Open Source Gardens”, a gathering for activists on Friday, 18. August at 14:00
- We bring an Open Source Seeds Collection for you to pick up and join our movement
- We offer a Seed Exchange Point to share your own seeds